Definition of a Rip-Off: It is a movie that is an exact replica of another, in terms of its story and flow. It is called a rip-off primarily because the director doesn’t accept that it is one. In the case that he DOES accept it’s copied… it is called an ‘Inspiration’. I remember every time […]
Remember that hauntingly beautiful melody Tum itna jo muskura rahi ho and the shy faced, sensitive actor in Mahesh Bhatt’s acclaimed film Arth, as he cuts a small pastry to celebrate the birthday of Shabana Azmi’s character in the film? That man is Bollywood actor Raj Kiran, who at the time showed great promise with […]
When Priyanka Chopra went from nubile young thing to a mature older woman of 65 in Saat Khoon Maaf this was not unusual. Ho hum, she just did what about 50% of young actresses of Hindi soaps do – play grannies when they are barely out of their teens but this did get me thinking […]
It has always been Bollywood celebrities on the red carpet and their fashion hits and misses that usually occupy center stage at the most prestigious film festival in the world, the Cannes Film Festival, and Bollywood at Cannes 2011 was no different. However this time around it was also a special screening of a documentary […]
The first half is an interesting package of some average performances, too much music, good suspense, good horror sequences, a good concept well introduced, some honest college life, ragging [and a certain student who speaks up against it, of course, he is our lead actor! Some things never change in Bollywood], and a build-up worth […]
There are still some, or rather many, who claim that Katrina Kaif is only surviving in the industry courtesy her god-like figure and her to-die-for looks. Simply speaking, two points of arguments there: one, she ain’t surviving, but thriving. And two, those who say that are just talking pure [rude word that starts with an […]
As lives have begun and ended, one thing remained eternally constant: change. Whilst change has been utterly and largely negative in terms of the human mindset, it has been very much positive [perceptions matter], and at the same time very much negative [perceptions make it so] in terms of technology. There is no doubt when […]
A lot of us probably read about the flurry of star activity on Twitter recently when Bollywood stars reacted to Osama Bin Laden being killed at long last by American forces. While most in the Hindi movie industry hailed and cheered the death of an arch villain, there were some Bollywood celebrities who made some […]
You can argue that it is Shah Rukh Khan (or even Sachin Tendulkar) who is India’s biggest brand, and in a way you would be right. However if you want to talk of a colossus who has straddled the scene of Hindi films, for the longest time, and held an entire nation in his thrall, […]
There are those who argue that Himesh Reshammiya can sing. It is my humble suggestion that he cannot. He can compose a hummable ditty that will linger in the memory for precisely one and a half week; and he can carry a tune, but to say that he can sing, is a something of an […]
Out of personal conviction for aligning oneself with a just cause, or to gain publicity for a recent release by attaching to a visible news story, Bollywood actors have a long history of being involved with political and social issues. The recent stir caused by Anna Hazare and his anti corruption movement has been unprecedented […]
The film industry is peopled with Khans – who wield clout and inspire devotion from legions of fans the world over. For the past couple of decades it is only the Khans who have been any kind of serious contender for the top leading men of the Hindi film industry, in terms of being powerful, […]
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Action Replayy – Yet Another Akshay Kumar Dud! November 8, 2010
- How is the Hindi Film Industry a.k.a Bollywood performing? October 17, 2013
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...