Even on the face of it, Chalo Dilli has a lot going for it – this weekend’s much awaited Bollywood release was much in the news for several reasons – tennis ace Mahesh Bhupati company Big Daddy Productions is the co-producer of the film and his brand new wife Lara Dutta is the female lead […]
The Guptas had their Golden era, and Bollywood, centuries later, is still waiting. But after a closer scrutiny, I am encouraged to finally sit up and take notice – is 2011 the year for Bollywood? Is 2011… THE golden year for our filmon ki industry? I don’t know. Seriously I don’t. I’m no one to […]
First off, the title has nothing to do with the basic theme and storyline of the film at all. Unless, of course, it refers to the “dum” required to fight crime. For those who don’t have time to read and just want to know whether or not they should go for it – I’ll tell […]
Obvious chances are, that by the time you are, or are not reading this, you’ve already seen 3 Thay Bhai. And therefore, you already have a fair chance of knowing what I’m going to write regarding this latest ‘ROMP’ [Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra Production]. Sincere apologies for the fact that you could not rely on […]
You can argue that it is Shah Rukh Khan (or even Sachin Tendulkar) who is India’s biggest brand, and in a way you would be right. However if you want to talk of a colossus who has straddled the scene of Hindi films, for the longest time, and held an entire nation in his thrall, […]
There are those who argue that Himesh Reshammiya can sing. It is my humble suggestion that he cannot. He can compose a hummable ditty that will linger in the memory for precisely one and a half week; and he can carry a tune, but to say that he can sing, is a something of an […]
Well, well, talk about Bollywood stars and you’re probably referring to a bunch of highly successful and glamorous actors and actresses who have the world at their feet. But, they are an ungracious lot as well. Most of the stars are perpetually resorting to bitching, pulling each other down, using their industry clout to derail each other’s films and taking potshots at each other to keep the gossip magazines and tabloids alive
Small budget content cinemas have lately been doing better than mainstream big-budget films, judging from the reactions of all those who have already seen the film, we can look forward to a good film which makes us think and will also lead to a discourse on subjects which have been taboo so far.
Hindi films have a song for every occasion, season, emotion, situation; you name it! And when north India was recently surprised (and delighted) by some unseasonal April showers in the past few days, that gave us a break from the pitiless pale blue sky and the torpor that seemed to have settled on the earth […]
The trailer of the movie 404 shows you little more than a maze of square shaped images with words such as unknown and horror thrown in for good measure. You are unable to get any sense of what the movie is all about – except maybe a feeling that they are deliberately playing upon the mystery angle of the story – thereby inducing you to watch the film after it’s release.
Shor in the City is a film which is believed to have been based on the stories which make our daily fare in newspapers. In a multi-faceted city like Mumbai, survival is a daily battle. They have taken three loosely interconnected stories of young men and brought them to a climax through the grime and […]
The combination of Anees Bazmai and Akshay Kumar has given us box office successes such as Singhh is Kingg and Welcome. There were many expectations from their latest offering Thank You, and all the previews and trailers were tantalisingly promising us a laugh riot. Unfortunately none of those aspirations have been realised. Thank You has […]
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Action Replayy – Yet Another Akshay Kumar Dud! November 8, 2010
- How is the Hindi Film Industry a.k.a Bollywood performing? October 17, 2013
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...