As lives have begun and ended, one thing remained eternally constant: change. Whilst change has been utterly and largely negative in terms of the human mindset, it has been very much positive [perceptions matter], and at the same time very much negative [perceptions make it so] in terms of technology. There is no doubt when [...]
The other day while listening to the radio I happened to come across the title soundtrack of ‘Dum Maro Dum’. Of course, it wasn’t going to be exactly the same as the original, the musicians had given it their own twist and added their personal touches. But what it made me think was that so [...]
For those who live in a world of nostalgia, there has been no greater male singer in Bollywood than Mohd. Rafi. There are some others who will take up cudgels on behalf of Kishore Kumar, since for many years after he ruled the musical waves of Mumbai. Today however there is a new crop of [...]
The much awaited Ragini MMS, is the latest Bollywood release, a movie of the thriller-horror genre and also of the Ekta Kapoor genre it must be said. Producer Ekta Kapoor seems to have mastered the art of making bold new cinema on shoestring budgets, that shock and entertain in equal measure taking lesser known actors [...]
It seems to me as if one morning Bhatt got up, and said to himself, “I’m gonna make a 3D movie. And make it I WILL!”… and he went ahead and did just that. Unfortunately for the audience, he was clearly confused about the theme of the movie. Whilst a part of him was determined [...]
It was Mother’s Day this last Sunday and Bollywood stars spoke in one voice in honouring and revering their mothers on the day. Stars such as Aamir Khan, Bipasha Basu, Millika Sherawat, Ritiesh Deshmukh, and a host of others wished mothers everywhere and particularly their own mothers on the day using Twitter to communicate their [...]
One of the biggest Bollywood news stories currently doing the rounds is that of whether or not there is a kiss between the lead actors Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor in the much awaited Bollywood sci fi film to be released, Ra. One. While some reports gleefully report that there will in fact be [...]
Before we say anything else about this film, there are a few things that you should know about Luv ka the End – the latest Hindi movie to come out of Bollywood. 1. It has a director whose name is Bumpy (yes that is apparently his whole name) and is known as the director of [...]
A lot of us probably read about the flurry of star activity on Twitter recently when Bollywood stars reacted to Osama Bin Laden being killed at long last by American forces. While most in the Hindi movie industry hailed and cheered the death of an arch villain, there were some Bollywood celebrities who made some [...]
29 April 2011 has to be a date to be remembered, for a number of reasons. Whilst some of them are related to me in a big way, others, like this one, are a Bollywood-squeezed memory that will set standards and expectations for Friday’s to come. It has to be, probably, perhaps the most bombastic [...]
The Hindi movie viewer is spoilt for choice this weekend, and another Bollywood offering this last weekend of April, is Shor in the City. Mumbai the city, with its contradictions and complexities has been the leitmotif for a number of recent Bollywood films, such as Dhobi Ghat (which incidentally is Mumbai Diaries in the original [...]
Even on the face of it, Chalo Dilli has a lot going for it – this weekend’s much awaited Bollywood release was much in the news for several reasons – tennis ace Mahesh Bhupati company Big Daddy Productions is the co-producer of the film and his brand new wife Lara Dutta is the female lead [...]
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Tees Maar Khan – 4 Reasons why it Flopped! December 28, 2010
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Upcoming Hindi Movie – Jolly LLB February 27, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...