For those who live in a world of nostalgia, there has been no greater male singer in Bollywood than Mohd. Rafi. There are some others who will take up cudgels on behalf of Kishore Kumar, since for many years after he ruled the musical waves of Mumbai. Today however there is a new crop of […]
A lot of us probably read about the flurry of star activity on Twitter recently when Bollywood stars reacted to Osama Bin Laden being killed at long last by American forces. While most in the Hindi movie industry hailed and cheered the death of an arch villain, there were some Bollywood celebrities who made some […]
29 April 2011 has to be a date to be remembered, for a number of reasons. Whilst some of them are related to me in a big way, others, like this one, are a Bollywood-squeezed memory that will set standards and expectations for Friday’s to come. It has to be, probably, perhaps the most bombastic […]
The year 2010 will probably be remembered as being the year of the success of new directors in Bollywood. There have always been new directors making their presence felt in Bollywood but last year many of them achieved a certain modicum of success and the audience sat up and took notice of their talent and abilities. Most of them were not part of any Bollywood royalty and yet they managed to storm a tightly held bastion.
The Guptas had their Golden era, and Bollywood, centuries later, is still waiting. But after a closer scrutiny, I am encouraged to finally sit up and take notice – is 2011 the year for Bollywood? Is 2011… THE golden year for our filmon ki industry? I don’t know. Seriously I don’t. I’m no one to […]
You can argue that it is Shah Rukh Khan (or even Sachin Tendulkar) who is India’s biggest brand, and in a way you would be right. However if you want to talk of a colossus who has straddled the scene of Hindi films, for the longest time, and held an entire nation in his thrall, […]
The combination of Anees Bazmai and Akshay Kumar has given us box office successes such as Singhh is Kingg and Welcome. There were many expectations from their latest offering Thank You, and all the previews and trailers were tantalisingly promising us a laugh riot. Unfortunately none of those aspirations have been realised. Thank You has […]
For most people the words Dum Maaro Dum are synonymous with a sensual, swaying, yet drugged Zeenat Aman in Hare Rama Hare Krishna, her debut film. Today, Rohan Sippy has used the same phrase and also the same tune as the background of his new film, Dum Maaro Dum, being released on April 22nd. […]
At the time of India’s independence, the leaders of the country were faced with the mundane task of opting for a certain method of development that newly-azad India would follow. In the tremor of the 1945 war, the world had been cracked into two: The Soviets, and the United States of Americans. India could choose […]
The film industry is peopled with Khans – who wield clout and inspire devotion from legions of fans the world over. For the past couple of decades it is only the Khans who have been any kind of serious contender for the top leading men of the Hindi film industry, in terms of being powerful, […]
Great promotional tactics and innovative release methods has already put F.A.L.T.U. ahead of its competition. Thankfully, it’s not a case of all noise and no show. F.A.L.T.U. is the exact opposite of its name and delivers on all counts. World Cup weekend brought in lots of positivity. F.A.L.T.U. may as well benefit from this feel-good […]
The show belongs to Abhishek Bachchan, from the start till the end. The classy-stylish act of his, present everywhere, impacting nowhere, does its work here. Check out the GAME hindi movie review!
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Action Replayy – Yet Another Akshay Kumar Dud! November 8, 2010
- How is the Hindi Film Industry a.k.a Bollywood performing? October 17, 2013
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...