Vikramaditya Motwane directing Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha. I immediately think of a rustic yet charming Punjabi boy, a coy girl-next-door and an angry father with a heart of stone. However, my predictions took a serious hit when I saw the trailer of the film in question. Lootera is nothing like it looks on paper. […]
I love Bollywood. With all its ups and all its downs, with all the movies, good and bad, I love watching most Hindi movies. They make me smile, give me hope, make me sing and dance and laugh.
We Indians are obsessed with skin. White skin, in particular. In the 17th century, a few white people from England came and impressed the then ruling class of this country. Slowly and steadily, they started ruling the huge country themselves. 40 years after Indians did manage to get their political freedom, a particular firang managed […]
We started Bollykings with the sole purpose of giving honest and credible movie reviews of popular films that were being churned out of the huge film factory known as Bollywood. Along the way, we have often questioned what it is that we look out for when reviewing a movie. How does one review a movie? […]
Romantic films have already been a part of the staple fare of movies worldwide. We all love a good mushy romance, with emotion and tragedy and drama all rolled into one. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, they fall into trouble of all types, and in the end they kiss and make up or they overcome all obstacles – this scenario has been played out for generations and has been loved by all generations.
This time over, in Zindagi Na Miilegi Dobara, Zoya Akhtar decides to go for a boys’ story, unlike her debut “Filhaal” (which was a BO dud, by the way) and her last outing “Luck By Chance”. Thankfully and unlike her first two attempts, it seems like this one may very well turn out to be […]
Definition of a Rip-Off: It is a movie that is an exact replica of another, in terms of its story and flow. It is called a rip-off primarily because the director doesn’t accept that it is one. In the case that he DOES accept it’s copied… it is called an ‘Inspiration’. I remember every time […]
Recently, Salman Khan in an interview had spoken about the return of the Macho hero in Hindi films. He felt that somewhere along the in the last few years the image of the hero of a Hindi film had moved from the action oriented, hard-hitting, strong guy to a romantic, soft and emotional gentleman
The first half is an interesting package of some average performances, too much music, good suspense, good horror sequences, a good concept well introduced, some honest college life, ragging [and a certain student who speaks up against it, of course, he is our lead actor! Some things never change in Bollywood], and a build-up worth […]
Love Those Bollywood Movies All or most of us love those high grossing and popular Hollywood movies with huge stars such as Angelina Joli, Brad Pitt, Kevin Costner and other huge names. What most of us don't consider is Bollywood-the Hindi Film Industry. In India, this is the largest and most influential film industry and […]
As lives have begun and ended, one thing remained eternally constant: change. Whilst change has been utterly and largely negative in terms of the human mindset, it has been very much positive [perceptions matter], and at the same time very much negative [perceptions make it so] in terms of technology. There is no doubt when […]
The other day while listening to the radio I happened to come across the title soundtrack of ‘Dum Maro Dum’. Of course, it wasn’t going to be exactly the same as the original, the musicians had given it their own twist and added their personal touches. But what it made me think was that so […]
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Action Replayy – Yet Another Akshay Kumar Dud! November 8, 2010
- How is the Hindi Film Industry a.k.a Bollywood performing? October 17, 2013
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...