This was supposed to be the FIRST BIG FILM of 2011. Oh yeah… it’s a BLAST. It would be an understatement that despite promises, Ready fails to entertain you. Because in fact, even though it was clearly expected by most that Ready was going to be a bad film, 2011 has been a year that […]
Did you have a teacher because of whom you dreaded school itself or did you have one who was the sole reason you trudged to school with that heavy bag each day? Stanley ka Dabba beautifully delineates the archetypal school experience; memories of which can etch deeply into our psyches that endure though adult life […]
29 April 2011 has to be a date to be remembered, for a number of reasons. Whilst some of them are related to me in a big way, others, like this one, are a Bollywood-squeezed memory that will set standards and expectations for Friday’s to come. It has to be, probably, perhaps the most bombastic […]
The year 2010 will probably be remembered as being the year of the success of new directors in Bollywood. There have always been new directors making their presence felt in Bollywood but last year many of them achieved a certain modicum of success and the audience sat up and took notice of their talent and abilities. Most of them were not part of any Bollywood royalty and yet they managed to storm a tightly held bastion.
Even on the face of it, Chalo Dilli has a lot going for it – this weekend’s much awaited Bollywood release was much in the news for several reasons – tennis ace Mahesh Bhupati company Big Daddy Productions is the co-producer of the film and his brand new wife Lara Dutta is the female lead […]
The Guptas had their Golden era, and Bollywood, centuries later, is still waiting. But after a closer scrutiny, I am encouraged to finally sit up and take notice – is 2011 the year for Bollywood? Is 2011… THE golden year for our filmon ki industry? I don’t know. Seriously I don’t. I’m no one to […]
First off, the title has nothing to do with the basic theme and storyline of the film at all. Unless, of course, it refers to the “dum” required to fight crime. For those who don’t have time to read and just want to know whether or not they should go for it – I’ll tell […]
Obvious chances are, that by the time you are, or are not reading this, you’ve already seen 3 Thay Bhai. And therefore, you already have a fair chance of knowing what I’m going to write regarding this latest ‘ROMP’ [Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra Production]. Sincere apologies for the fact that you could not rely on […]
The show belongs to Abhishek Bachchan, from the start till the end. The classy-stylish act of his, present everywhere, impacting nowhere, does its work here. Check out the GAME hindi movie review!
Glocal – that’s the last word of 7 Khoon Maaf’s review from my favorite movie reviewer, Nikhat Kazmi. I couldn’t agree more. “Coming of age” is another description I would like to add. Finally, with “7 Khoon Maaf”, the Indian heroine comes out of the shadow and that too with a bang. A very decisive […]
My assessment of Patiala House is that it is passable masala fare, tear-jerking in parts, yet on the whole nothing that will make you want to leave everything to come and watch it.
Soul. A soul is what gives a person heart. A heart is what makes the person a human. A human is that being which has feelings. Feelings are what define morality. Morality is what makes a person good or bad. And good or bad is what defines a person’s life. And life is what we […]
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Action Replayy – Yet Another Akshay Kumar Dud! November 8, 2010
- How is the Hindi Film Industry a.k.a Bollywood performing? October 17, 2013
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...