Did you have a teacher because of whom you dreaded school itself or did you have one who was the sole reason you trudged to school with that heavy bag each day? Stanley ka Dabba beautifully delineates the archetypal school experience; memories of which can etch deeply into our psyches that endure though adult life […]
About Reena DaruwallaReena Daruwalla is a wannbe film critic and an opinionated film enthusiast who plays at working and enjoys it thoroughly. A stay at home mother of two, she is a self confessed expert of nothing. She currently dabbles in blogging and chocolate making, fancying that one day she will write a book.
It has always been Bollywood celebrities on the red carpet and their fashion hits and misses that usually occupy center stage at the most prestigious film festival in the world, the Cannes Film Festival, and Bollywood at Cannes 2011 was no different. However this time around it was also a special screening of a documentary […]
The much awaited Ragini MMS, is the latest Bollywood release, a movie of the thriller-horror genre and also of the Ekta Kapoor genre it must be said. Producer Ekta Kapoor seems to have mastered the art of making bold new cinema on shoestring budgets, that shock and entertain in equal measure taking lesser known actors […]
It was Mother’s Day this last Sunday and Bollywood stars spoke in one voice in honouring and revering their mothers on the day. Stars such as Aamir Khan, Bipasha Basu, Millika Sherawat, Ritiesh Deshmukh, and a host of others wished mothers everywhere and particularly their own mothers on the day using Twitter to communicate their […]
One of the biggest Bollywood news stories currently doing the rounds is that of whether or not there is a kiss between the lead actors Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor in the much awaited Bollywood sci fi film to be released, Ra. One. While some reports gleefully report that there will in fact be […]
Before we say anything else about this film, there are a few things that you should know about Luv ka the End – the latest Hindi movie to come out of Bollywood. 1. It has a director whose name is Bumpy (yes that is apparently his whole name) and is known as the director of […]
A lot of us probably read about the flurry of star activity on Twitter recently when Bollywood stars reacted to Osama Bin Laden being killed at long last by American forces. While most in the Hindi movie industry hailed and cheered the death of an arch villain, there were some Bollywood celebrities who made some […]
Firstly, if any computer geeks brightened at the idea that Bollywood chose to make a film about the 404 Not Found Error message, the standard internet response code, then regrettably I have to reveal that it isn’t that 404 that this Hindi film talks about. It is Room 404 in a medical institution that has […]
The Hindi movie viewer is spoilt for choice this weekend, and another Bollywood offering this last weekend of April, is Shor in the City. Mumbai the city, with its contradictions and complexities has been the leitmotif for a number of recent Bollywood films, such as Dhobi Ghat (which incidentally is Mumbai Diaries in the original […]
Even on the face of it, Chalo Dilli has a lot going for it – this weekend’s much awaited Bollywood release was much in the news for several reasons – tennis ace Mahesh Bhupati company Big Daddy Productions is the co-producer of the film and his brand new wife Lara Dutta is the female lead […]
You can argue that it is Shah Rukh Khan (or even Sachin Tendulkar) who is India’s biggest brand, and in a way you would be right. However if you want to talk of a colossus who has straddled the scene of Hindi films, for the longest time, and held an entire nation in his thrall, […]
There are those who argue that Himesh Reshammiya can sing. It is my humble suggestion that he cannot. He can compose a hummable ditty that will linger in the memory for precisely one and a half week; and he can carry a tune, but to say that he can sing, is a something of an […]
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Action Replayy – Yet Another Akshay Kumar Dud! November 8, 2010
- How is the Hindi Film Industry a.k.a Bollywood performing? October 17, 2013
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...