They say success begets arrogance. In some cases, it also begets failure. Or else how do you explain the falling from the pedestal of some of the biggest directors of our times. In 2009 we would have sworn by their names, but 2010 turned the tables – the outcome was definitely not in their favor. […]
About Mahe TalatA software engineer by education, Mahe Talat is now a work-at-home mom. As an entrepreneur, she loves talking and writing about movies that come out of Bollywood. Whenever possible she endorses the causes of women and the girl child - something which she feels very strongly about.
When I first saw Ranveer Singh on a TV channel in connection to his debut movie’s promotion, I was like “okay, now who’s son are you?” Ranveer didn’t look much like a hero to me and all his claims of being selected for the YRF super launchpad after going through several rounds of screening and […]
While F.A.L.T.U. looked like any other movie, the promotional team is hell bent on proving otherwise. While F.A.L.T.U. became the first Indian movie to offer exclusive online music downloads, it has also done several other things right. The re-launch vehicle of Vashu Bhagnani’s cute looking sonny Jaccky Bhagnani is also marking the directorial debut of […]
Ajay Devgan is one celebrity who plays to his own tune. No wedding celebrations gaana-bajaana for him and no messy affairs or dramatic spats and patch-ups. None at all. Ajay Devgan has always maintained a respectable distance from anything controversial. Well, almost. The ghost of his being on “not so friendly” terms with Shahrukh Khan […]
Today I saw No One Killed Jessica once again and this time over, I saw not the story that revolved around the characters but the invisible monster of the city that seemed so omnipresent. Bollywood has come a full circle from its Bombay days. Remember the decades 40s to the 90s when almost every movie […]
The Dhoom Machale Team is back, albeit with a few changes. An unanimously favored change is the induction of Aamir Khan into the franchise. It is said that Aamir was bowled over after hearing the script of Dhoom 3 by the script writer of the Dhoom series, Vijay Krishna Acharya (Victor) who has also turned […]
2011 is a year which will be full of surprises for Bollywood, for several reasons. Some surprises that we’ve already witnessed. With movies with low expectations like Yamla Pagla Deewana doing good business and eagerly awaited ones like Saat Khoon Maaf dying a quiet and not so honorable death at the BO, it can surely […]
You know the story and you know the final result. There ought to be something compelling in order to draw in an audience which is getting smarter with every passing movie. Tanu weds Manu scores on two main points: one, it engages and second it entertains… and that is what Bollywood is all about. So, […]
In my own defence, let me first list the numerous Hindi classic movies that are being remade … for some strange reason. Honestly, as if Hollywood remakes were not enough, the creative minds of Bollywood have taken to giving their interpretation of old Hindi classics. Making several adaptations of a novel – I can understand […]
Have you seen the movie called ‘Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat’? If not, don’t bother … it’s a disaster. But again, on second thoughts, I’d suggest go ahead and see as much of it as you can tolerate, the next time it is aired on the television. When you see the short, fat-ish, dark, firebrand protagonist, […]
‘7 Khoon Maaf’ marks the completion of a trilogy of sorts. Within two months of 2011, we have viewed 3 movies which have advocated female empowerment is never-before ways. While ‘Saat Khoon Maaf’ marks the emergence of a storyline where the “heroine” gets all the good shots, lines and scenes, ‘No One Killed Jessica’ told […]
Glocal – that’s the last word of 7 Khoon Maaf’s review from my favorite movie reviewer, Nikhat Kazmi. I couldn’t agree more. “Coming of age” is another description I would like to add. Finally, with “7 Khoon Maaf”, the Indian heroine comes out of the shadow and that too with a bang. A very decisive […]
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Action Replayy – Yet Another Akshay Kumar Dud! November 8, 2010
- How is the Hindi Film Industry a.k.a Bollywood performing? October 17, 2013
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...