Shor in the City is a film which is believed to have been based on the stories which make our daily fare in newspapers. In a multi-faceted city like Mumbai, survival is a daily battle. They have taken three loosely interconnected stories of young men and brought them to a climax through the grime and […]
About Mridula MurgaiMridula is an enthusiastic blogger from New Delhi who loves watching and discussing movies. When she is not immersed with glitterati, she spends time with Goonj, an NGO for the poor. She divides the rest of her time between playing different roles such as a wife, a mother, a daughter and a grandmother and also a full-time housekeeper
The combination of Anees Bazmai and Akshay Kumar has given us box office successes such as Singhh is Kingg and Welcome. There were many expectations from their latest offering Thank You, and all the previews and trailers were tantalisingly promising us a laugh riot. Unfortunately none of those aspirations have been realised. Thank You has […]
For most people the words Dum Maaro Dum are synonymous with a sensual, swaying, yet drugged Zeenat Aman in Hare Rama Hare Krishna, her debut film. Today, Rohan Sippy has used the same phrase and also the same tune as the background of his new film, Dum Maaro Dum, being released on April 22nd. […]
Let us sit back and enjoy these films and also savour the message they are getting across to us, and above all realise that the world is not a very difficult place to live in. You can enjoy yourself and be happy and yet succeed in what you are doing, and yet cope with all the turns and twists life offers you. The “feel good ” factor can become a part of our daily lives also – after all films only mirror reality as they see it.
If there is one thing that Bollywood actors and actresses have always been known for, its their dance. So we asked our self, who has been the most famous dancer in the industry and only one name comes to my mind – Madhuri Dixit.
So you see, weddings are very popular among Bollywood producers for many reasons – and also among the audience. We love them and enjoy the feel-good feel of the happy endings. We follow the trends and connect with the laughter and merriment.
I do love Bollywood films –at least some of them – warts and all! But occasionally I do feel the need to leave my brains at home when I go to see a Hindi film and try very hard not to question the rationale behind the stories.
Heroes and villains are no longer two separate entities, have we have learnt to accept the fact that all of us have shades of both within us, and has Bollywood finally begun to display this reality?
We have no answer to this question – since, as we said earlier, there are no “correct” answers.
But do ponder over this undeniable truth – The Times They’re a-changing – whether for the good or for the bad – you have to decide for yourself.
Vamps or heroines, villains or Miss Goody-two-shoes, the charisma and allure of women will never fade and they will lure us and enchant us and also make us rue the fact that they can look so good and be so evil.
These films give us all that and much more Bollywood comedy movies are not easy to make and direct. Most directors agree that comedies require much more finesse and style than the audience ever realises. Maybe this is the reason why comedies become a part of our memories and when we think about our favourite […]
Here are some of the famous one-liners, in some cases only one word, or in some cases a few lines, which have always been a part of my reminiscences of Hindi films. I look forward to more additions from many other viewers:
A good romantic film will make you feel warm and tingly and will help you forget the vagaries of nature outside your window. There are some films which are just apt for an evening like this, and of course, we have our top ten favourites among them.
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Action Replayy – Yet Another Akshay Kumar Dud! November 8, 2010
- How is the Hindi Film Industry a.k.a Bollywood performing? October 17, 2013
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...