In a way, the tagline is apt. The king really is back. And not because Don 2 is one of those tremendous, amazing, mind-blowing films that one cannot miss. It’s just that… finally, SRK has not acted in a bad film. A few of his last films, especially My Name Is Khan and RA.One (Pathetic!), [...]
About [jSk].d@.cYn!CJaskunwar is a crazy person who claims that he has a different way of thinking. He believes that Bollywood today needs serious reform, in the psychological sense. That films are not just about 'Masalas and item numbers'. Aspiring to be a Film Director himself, he has recently completed school and is moving towards achieving his dream of getting home an Oscar for India.
We started Bollykings with the sole purpose of giving honest and credible movie reviews of popular films that were being churned out of the huge film factory known as Bollywood. Along the way, we have often questioned what it is that we look out for when reviewing a movie. How does one review a movie? [...]
You know, there’s a Shaitan poster at intervals of 200-300 meters on every main Bombay street. I think the amount of publicity they’ve tried to do for this movie before its release is just plain stupid, because this movie is so freakin’ awesome, that I don’t think they even needed to make so many big [...]
Definition of a Rip-Off: It is a movie that is an exact replica of another, in terms of its story and flow. It is called a rip-off primarily because the director doesn’t accept that it is one. In the case that he DOES accept it’s copied… it is called an ‘Inspiration’. I remember every time [...]
This was supposed to be the FIRST BIG FILM of 2011. Oh yeah… it’s a BLAST. It would be an understatement that despite promises, Ready fails to entertain you. Because in fact, even though it was clearly expected by most that Ready was going to be a bad film, 2011 has been a year that [...]
The first half is an interesting package of some average performances, too much music, good suspense, good horror sequences, a good concept well introduced, some honest college life, ragging [and a certain student who speaks up against it, of course, he is our lead actor! Some things never change in Bollywood], and a build-up worth [...]
There are still some, or rather many, who claim that Katrina Kaif is only surviving in the industry courtesy her god-like figure and her to-die-for looks. Simply speaking, two points of arguments there: one, she ain’t surviving, but thriving. And two, those who say that are just talking pure [rude word that starts with an [...]
As lives have begun and ended, one thing remained eternally constant: change. Whilst change has been utterly and largely negative in terms of the human mindset, it has been very much positive [perceptions matter], and at the same time very much negative [perceptions make it so] in terms of technology. There is no doubt when [...]
It seems to me as if one morning Bhatt got up, and said to himself, “I’m gonna make a 3D movie. And make it I WILL!”… and he went ahead and did just that. Unfortunately for the audience, he was clearly confused about the theme of the movie. Whilst a part of him was determined [...]
29 April 2011 has to be a date to be remembered, for a number of reasons. Whilst some of them are related to me in a big way, others, like this one, are a Bollywood-squeezed memory that will set standards and expectations for Friday’s to come. It has to be, probably, perhaps the most bombastic [...]
The Guptas had their Golden era, and Bollywood, centuries later, is still waiting. But after a closer scrutiny, I am encouraged to finally sit up and take notice – is 2011 the year for Bollywood? Is 2011… THE golden year for our filmon ki industry? I don’t know. Seriously I don’t. I’m no one to [...]
First off, the title has nothing to do with the basic theme and storyline of the film at all. Unless, of course, it refers to the “dum” required to fight crime. For those who don’t have time to read and just want to know whether or not they should go for it – I’ll tell [...]
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan – Can these living legends be compared? November 20, 2010
- Upcoming Hindi Movies of 2011 March 1, 2011
- Will Tees Maar Khan be a Hit or a Flop? November 18, 2010
- How to Review a Movie – 9 Questions to Ask Yourself October 31, 2011
- Tees Maar Khan – 4 Reasons why it Flopped! December 28, 2010
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Besharam! March 20, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not? March 16, 2013
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Latest Bollywood Movies of 2013 March 13, 2013
- Zila Ghaziabad – Movie Review March 10, 2013
- Upcoming Hindi Movie – Jolly LLB February 27, 2013
- Lootera: Yet Another Forbidden Bollywood Romance Or Not?: [...] has already showcased his ability to turn a ...
- Upcoming Hindi Movie - Jolly LLB: [...] a political journalist, Subhash entered film...
- MONU THAKUR: I think sonu nigam is one of the best singer of Hi...
- parsu: have u guys heard the name of pars, he is the best...
- Aymen Khan: Good read but sorry to say not a correct one at th...