Rockstar is an upcoming Hindi movie directed by Imtiaz Ali and starring Ranbir Kapoor and Nargis Fakhri. From the superb promos, it seems Rockstar is going to rock the sad Bollywood movie scene. Let’s hope it at least helps us recuperate from the terrible shock of Ra.One. While the countries speakers are blaring on and on with “Sadda Haq”, we thought it would be a good idea to go behind the scenes and dig up the dirt behind Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir Kapoor, Nargi Fakhri and their upcoming Hindi movie, Rockstar.
12 things you probably didn’t know about Rockstar
1. It wasn’t Imtiaz Ali who approached Ranbir for Rockstar. In fact it was the other way round. Ranbir had heard about Imtiaz making this film with a different star cast, but the idea was dropped. When Ranbir and Imtiaz happened to meet later, Ranbir brought up the topic and Rockstar was born.
2. A good part of the film has been shot in Prague. Incidentally, Prague is the same place where the lead actress Nargis Fakhri and Imtiaz had met for the first time to discuss about the possibility of Nargis acting in films.
3. Rockstar is releasing on 11.11.11, this rare date comes only once in a century and is considered extremely lucky. Lets see how well this date works for ‘Rockstar’.
4. Rockstar is the first Bollywood movie to show a Kashmiri Pandit wedding. Imtiaz made sure that attention was paid to filming only the absolutely correct rituals and traditions. He took help from the locals and asked them to pinpoint any sort of mistakes that they might have made.
5. The youth anthem ‘Sadda Haq’ composed by A.R.Rehman for Rockstar has Orianthi Panagaris strumming the guitar and adding on to the powerful tunes. Orianthi was the lead guitarist in one of Michael Jackson’s last few concerts before he died.
6. All of us know that one of the songs was filmed at the Nizamuddin Dargah and Ranbir Kapoor and Imtiaz Ali went there to offer their prayers for the success of Rockstar. But, not all of us know that the music of the film was also launched there.
7. In one of the scenes, Nargis gifts Ranbir a neckpiece in Kashmir. The neckpiece is very close and special to him. It’s got a piece of his first guitar’s broken string along with his first guitar pick. The neckpiece also contains a whistle from his childhood as well as a compass from Prague. Nargis also gives Ranbir the name ‘Jordan’ in Rockstar. His actual name in the film is Janardan Jakhar.
8. Nargis fondly gets nicknamed as Junglee Jawaani during the shooting of Rockstar due to her wild and free spirit. Read more about Nargis Fakhri here.
9. The film also Aditi Rao Hydari as the second female lead in Rockstar. Aditi grabbed the limelight for her lip lock with Arunoday Singh in Sudhir Mishra’s ‘ Yeh Saali Zindagi’.
10. Ranbir’s guitar strap in Rockstar is also a big storehouse of his memorabilia. It has a faded Indian flag, to remind him of his first stage performance, which happed to be on India’s independence day. A Tibetan flag also got added to it after performing in Dharamshala and receiving an overwhelming response there. The strap is special to him because its been made with help from his mother using an old saree of hers. Amongst other things, it has a butterfly badge, a single silver earring from Kashmir, a metal falcon and a ‘Jai Mata Di Chunni’.
11. A song from Rockstar was actually shot in Mumbai’s red light area; Grant Road, instead of such a set being recreated for the film as Imtiaz wanted to catch the true essence of a brothel. During the shoot, Ranbir interacted with the sex workers there and even played his guitar for them.
12. Nargis gets married in the movie but not to Ranbir. Her on-screen husband is played by an international model of Brazilian origin, Moufid Aziz.
It’s only three more days till Rockstar’s release. Please comment below and let us know what you thought about these interesting facts and do pitch in if you know something about Rockstar that might interest other members of our community!
Read more about Rockstar on: